Most brides have something in mind when searching for the perfect bridal gown, but don’t let that keep you from being a little adventurous and trying on other types of styles. Begin your appointment with an open mind and trust in your consultant – you may fall in love with a dress style you never envisioned yourself in! Before saying yes to your dress, be sure to run through this checklist:
- Will you be able to sit comfortably during dinner?
- Is the dress weather appropriate? Try to avoid lots of layers for a summer wedding date – you’ll be sweating most of the day. Having a winter wedding? Consider a shawl to keep you warm.
- Will you need help in the bathroom? While some girls may not mind their bridesmaids coming into the stall, others are a bit more modest.
- Do you feel confident? It is next to impossible to avoid having hundreds of photos taken, so it is very important to make sure the dress you feel makes you feel absolutely amazing.
- How much will alterations be? Take into consideration how much length you’ll need removed, if you’ll be adding sleeves, hiplines, bust, etc. The more your dress will need to be altered, the pricier it will be.
- After alterations, will someone go to your final appointment to learn how to bustle your dress?
- Most importantly, do you LOVE it? Does your heart break a little at the thought of not leaving with this gown? If so, congrats – you’ve found The One!