Your engagement session is a gift included in your wedding experience because I truly believe it is a vital part of the wedding process. During your engagement session, you will have the chance to get to know me and experience how I shoot and it will make a HUGE impact on how the wedding day flows. I’ll arrive on your wedding day already know how the two of you interact, what your best poses are, and what makes you feel most natural. You will feel like a pro during your wedding portraits because of the practice you had during your engagement session!
I understand that some couples may have already had engagement photos taken by another photographer and may not necessarily need more photos, but the experience itself will be priceless. Of course you are in no way obligated to do the session, but I do highly recommend it. This complimentary session is just SO valuable! Take your session as an excuse to buy that outfit you’ve been eyeing up and those shoes you’ve been waiting for a chance to wear. We’ll be doing quite a bit of walking, so it’s a good idea to bring along a pair of flats along. When selecting what to wear, choose something you feel amazing in and allows you to move freely. Tugging at a dress you feel is too short or a top that is too low cut or snug will distract you and make you feel self conscious. Allow your style to shine through; don’t feel obligated to throw on a dress if you’re a jeans type of girl. Can’t decide what to wear? Feel free to send me a few photos or bring along an extra outfit or two, for a second opinion.
A few other tips:
- Don’t try to match, try to pick outfits that coordinate instead.
- Don’t be afraid to accessorize: scarves, necklaces, belts.
- Patterns are okay, just make sure they are not overwhelming and distracting.
- Clothing with large graphics & logos are not recommended.
- Empty your pockets, leaving what you can in the car.
- Have your ring cleaned so it is super sparkly for your photos.
- I haven’t quite figured out how to control the sun, so please be on time. We don’t want to missout on that gorgeous light!
- Consider scheduling your makeup trial the same day as your session. You’ll feel even more glamorous in front of the camera plus you’ll get a peek at how your wedding day look will photograph.
- There will be some close up shots of that gorgeous ring, so a manicure could be a great idea as well. Wearing polish? Check for chips, smudges, and try your best not to pick off any polish on your way to your session.
- Relax! You don’t have to be a pro at this. I’m going to help you along the way and it’s going to be a blast! Enjoy this time together and make a date out of it – even planning for dinner afterwards.